Tanya Linton, author of 150 Best Meals in a Jar: Salads, Soups, Rice Bowls and More, joins host Lisa Davis to share some interesting tips for making yummy meals in a jar.
- Meals in a mason jar are easy to portion control.
- Easy to make and easy to take recipes that can go from your refrigerator at home to the fridge at work.
- If you follow the simple steps of layering, the salads will stay fresh longer as the lettuces and vegetables won’t get soggy or wilt.
- You can prep many meals at once, so that you just grab and go during the week.
- Part of the fun of the recipes is layering the ingredients so they not only look beautiful, but taste delicious as well.
- The smaller jars used for desserts will also work well for entertaining.