power-of-probiotics-header

Is a New Liver Possible?

Summary: The headline of a recent article read “We get a new liver every three years”. My immediate reaction was isn’t that great, I would love to have a new liver every three years. Then I paused and reflected on that thought.
Air Date: 7/27/22
Duration: 29:37
Guest Bio: John Barson
John Barson has been working in the health industry since he built his first health website in 1996. That same year he designed and built the first Healthy Living Guide (magazine) website which Yahoo rated as the Best Health Website on the Internet. John is an avid reader, health researcher, writer, and long-time radio broadcaster that loves cycling, hiking, sailing, and pretty much any activity that gets him outdoors. For three years Mr. Barson broadcast Total Health Radio talk shows from his radio station studio in New Westminster, BC. He is now the web designer/editor/producer and interviewer for Total Health magazine.

    The headline of a recent article read “We get a new liver every three years”. My immediate reaction was isn’t that great, I would love to have a new liver every three years. Then I paused and reflected on that thought; how can that be possible with so many people getting liver cancer? I know the liver is the only organ that can replace a part of itself if it is damaged or even cut off. And, I know that almost all cells have a cell replacement program built into our cellular repair process. Then I remembered another study that exposed a flaw in this cellular replacement process.

    Apparently, many patients are diagnosed with cancer of the liver but had no evidence of liver problems in the years prior to this diagnosis. How is this possible? It seems that the liver is indeed very resilient and has the ability to continue to function normally even though up to 70% of it may be diseased. That’s correct, the other 30% keeps performing all of the liver's 300-plus functions with no liver enzymes being released. Then all of a sudden liver enzymes show up. However, after liver enzymes are found some doctors have been known to do up to ten biopsies finding that nine of the samples are diseased. In other words, the diagnostic system is flawed and should be seriously reformed.

    In today’s podcast, we will consider what tests might be better as well as what people can do to protect their liver from damage. We will discuss detoxification, foods, and some very strong nutraceuticals such as CoQ10 and vitamin E, which can ensure that the liver functions effectively for a long time.

     

    You can find Dr. Bens on his website or reach him via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .