Six STEPS to a Healthier Heart in Six Weeks
- Week One: Select and stock your kitchen with healthy food. Walk around your kitchen and pantry. See what healthy foods you have and what things you should eliminate. Replace unhealthy choices. Always have whole grains, fruits and vegetables in your home.
- Week Two: Take control of your activity and choose to move. Do something physical 30 minutes a day five times a week. Make sure it engages you enough to continue the activity. Park farther away from the store. Take the stairs.
- Week Three: Eat well. Make better choices when dining out or eating in. Work to have a colorful plate.
- Week Four: Partner with your doctor, friends and family. Find a provider who can help you navigate your health. Don’t tolerate a doctor with whom you can’t communicate. Remember to take care of yourself while trying to take care of everyone else.
- Week Five: Sleep more, stress less and savor life. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night. Reduce stressors in your life.
- Week Six: Make the changes into habits.