However, when your body starts acting sluggish, sore, or fighting a cold, it's trying to tell you it is under stress. The foods you're eating could be contributing to a prolonged problem of feeling unhealthy, and ultimately, not your best self.
When you're feeling sluggish:
- Power up with protein.
- Eat healthy fats.
- Always eat your veggies.
- Incorporate herbs like thyme, turmeric, ginger, and rosemary.
- Try fermented foods like miso, sauerkraut, kimchi, and yogurt.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Eat as many detoxifying foods as you can.
- Eat foods low on the glycemic index, like sweet potatoes, eggs, fish, whole grains.
- Try some bitter foods like kale, lemon, and green apples.
- Incorporate green or white tea into your daily morning routine.
Holistic practitioner, Dale Bellisfield, RN, RH (AHG), joins Dr. Holly to discuss the amazing healing benefits food has on your body.