However, finding the right medication, and the right dose, can be a long and frustrating process.
If your medication still isn't working after a period of time, you might have another issue.
According to an article on Green Med Info, here are seven reasons why your thyroid medication isn't working:
- You have Hashimoto's disease
- You have lowered thyroid receptor sensitivity
- You have poor thyroid hormone conversion
- You have high reverse T3 levels
- You have stressed-brain thyroid communication
- You have a selenium deficiency
- Your medication has gluten
Listen in as Holly Lucille, ND, RN, shares the seven reasons why your thyroid medication isn't working.