Lyme disease is a bacterial infection acquired generally via tick bite. The bite doesn’t usually cause pain. The symptoms of infection include flu symptoms, tiredness, headache, and high fever. It feels like a bad flu. If it isn’t diagnosed and treated right away, it can progress to causing neurological problems.
Spiders, mosquitoes and fleas can also transmit Lyme.
Lyme disease treatment must take the entire body into account.
Five steps to Lyme treatment:
- Gut health. Gut function is key to immune health. Improve your gut integrity.
- Diet. An alkaline diet help cellular function. Limit animal proteins to 20 percent of your diet.
- Infection. Antibiotics work best on Lyme in its early stages. Herbal treatment works well with your body. Give the treatment six to eight weeks to show improvement.
- Toxins. Remove known toxins and molds from your environment.
- Lifestyle. Get plenty of sleep and reduce your stress.