What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How to know if you have a problem.
- How to build up courage to ask for help.
- Where to turn for help, get counseling or find treatment.
- What if you recognize this in a loved one or friend?
High Five Highlights:
- What's the best part about being sober now? That I get to help others and carry the hope of recovery.
- If you recognized the symptoms of addiction in a friend, how would you approach them to offer help? Ask questions, “Do You Need help?” “Is there something going on?” Don’t say “I think you have a problem.”
- As a recovery coach, what’s the biggest obstacle you face in helping people? It is the denial that they have a problem. They don’t want to recognize it until something serious happens.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? “One Day at a Time” and “Never explain yourself to anyone. Those that love you do not need it. Those that do not will not believe you anyway.”
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life, the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Be true to yourself.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/