What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The signs of bipolar disorder.
- What to do if you recognize these signs in yourself or a loved one.
- What kept him from taking his own life.
- Daily management of the disorder.
- Find his official Bipolar shirt here.
High Five Highlights:
- Tell us about the bipolar t-shirt? It was kind of an accident it has a bipolar emoji on it. I got a coupon from an online t-shirt company so I ordered 25. Four years later, I’ve sold a couple of thousand; people really dig it.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you have for your younger self? Go to a psychiatrist.
- In your advocacy you try to entertain and inform using humorous and inspirational stories – why humor? People are scared of mental illness and people are people; people don’t like to be bored. People like to be entertained, but they also want information. If you can entertain and drop some knowledge on them, they retain it.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? "It is what it is."
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” To listen to other people.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/