What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Understanding your inner child.
- How you carry childhood trauma inside.
- How to heal the wounds once and for all.
- Why you need to ask questions and write the answer with your non-dominant hand to get to the truth of your conflict.
- How to confront your abuser.
- What it means to be a victim and how to get past victimhood.
- And more from her book CAREFRONTATION: Breaking Free From Childhood Trauma.
High Five Highlights:
- Why did you want to become a therapist? I had gone to therapy myself. What it was able to do for my life was wonderful. I decided right then I wanted to go to school and be a therapist.
- You were recently featured in an article in the LA Times about the influx of clients you’ve seen since the election that are having trouble with Trump. What do you tell a patient that is anxious or worried about a Trump administration? Be as active as you can and support different groups you believe in. Live your life the best you can, live your life in truth, and be the most honest person in your life.
- Tell me about someone or something that inspires you today? Hillary Clinton. This woman has never stopped. She goes forward and still helps people. Women, children, poor people, any of us. She does what she can to help human beings.
- Do you have a favorite book you can share? Outgrowing the Pain.
- "Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” To be loving with people. I think we lack love in this world and we all need love. Be gentle, be loving, be kind.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/