What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Why we binge and overeat.
- Why overeating feels like a matter of survival.
- One simple way to defeat any craving.
- How to stop binge eating.
- Why rules are better than guidelines and how to set up rules.
- More from his book Never Binge Again.
High Five Highlights:
- What made you want to write this book? I was an exercise bulimic and couldn’t stop thinking about food that came in a box or container. I did it to save my life.
- Looking back, what advice would you give your younger self? You don’t have to spend years in groups doing a moral inventory. You just need to define a really clear plan for how you want to eat. Learn how to separate your mind into constructor and destructor parts and start to ignore the destructor part.
- Do you have a favorite quote? “A life of discipline is a better than a life of regret.”
- "Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” Invest in your health, education and passion for others.
Connect with Dr. LivingstonIf you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Share the Show!
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/