What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How traumatic experience grounds your inner guidance system.
- How to pay attention when something doesn’t feel right and the action to take because of it.
- How we reconnect with our body’s inherent guidance system.
- How to “drop in” on yourself.
- The four categories of an inner-journey.
- How to develop full body presence.
- More from her book, Reclaiming Your Body: Healing From Trauma And Awakening To Your Body’s Wisdom
High Five Highlights:
- What made you want to write this book? From my overwhelming evidence from my students that the world needed to know about these wisdom areas of the body and people needed to have better relationships with their bodies.
- How do you find balance and relief from stressful days? Doing the things that bring me joy, singing, dancing, walking spending time with friends.
- What’s most satisfying to you about your profession? Seeing the light in people’s eyes and feeling how they relax and open up and live from a more authentic joyful place.
- Do you have a favorite quote or book you can share? People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life, I don’t think that’s what we’re seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance with our own most inner being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- Finish this sentence: “Throughout my life the most important thing I’ve learned is...” How to be present and how to love myself and the people around me.
Share the Show!If you enjoyed this show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help us tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Sponsor:audible.com - get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/