In this episode, Dr. Roizen talks about the latest health headlines that YOU need to know, including the following topics:
- Red meat increases diverticulitis risk.
- Most people unaware of key heart-health facts.
- Reduce dementia by up to 50 percent with two steps: perform speed of processing "brain games" and live farther away from the freeway.
- False positive mammograms may be preventing women from returning for follow-up exams.
- Licorice during pregnancy tied to problems in children.
- Global cost of smoking.
- Kids' heart defects weigh on parents' mental status.
- Five scientists discover the gene that decides how tall you'll be.