However, there’s no shame in allowing yourself some downtime. Letting your mind roam enables more effective problem solving, creative thinking and productivity.
It is imperative to carve out time for personal reflection.
Tips for downtime:
- Take 20 to 30 minutes per day without your cell phone.
- Encourage your child to take some quiet time if it is unavailable at school.
- Turn off devices during mealtime.
- Make sure your quiet time is not goal-oriented.
- Eliminate the guilt you experience when you take quiet time.